"Proceedings of the 2022 Science Symposium: Addressing Global Challenges through Accessible and Actionable Science"
Did you recently attend and share your work in an oral or poster presentation at the 2022 Science Symposium?
The Biennial Science Symposium brings together California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) scientists and collaborators to share their research, program activities, and other information relevant to CDFW's mission to protect the state's natural resources. This Special Issue of the California Fish and Wildlife Journal will serve as an outlet for chronicling the important research, discussions, and scientific advances shared during the Symposium. All presenters (both oral and poster) are encouraged to submit a manuscript for inclusion in the Proceedings.
- Manuscript submission deadline: July 31, 2022
- Expected publication date: Winter 2022/2023
"Proceedings of the 14th Biennial WAFWA Deer and Elk Workshop"
Do you study deer and elk in western North America? Did you recently attend and share your work in an oral or poster presentation at the 14th Biennial WAFWA Deer and Elk Workshop?
The Biennial WAFWA Deer and Elk Workshop brings together biologists from governments, universities, tribes, non-governmental organizations, and beyond to share research and discuss common challenges to conservation of deer and elk across western North America. Information shared during this biennial meeting is invaluable to conservation and management. This Special Issue of California Fish and Wildlife will serve as a conduit for archiving the important work, discussions, and scientific advances shared during the 14th Biennial WAFWA Deer and Elk Workshop.
- Manuscript submission deadline: December 31, 2021
- Expected publication date: Autumn 2022
Previous Special Issues
- "Effects of Human-Wildlife Interactions on California's Natural Resources: Conflict and Coexistence" (November 2021)
- "The California Endangered Species Act: Successes and Challenges" (July 2021)
- "Effects of Fire on California's Natural Resources" (November 2020)
- "Impacts of Cannabis Cultivation on Fish and Wildlife Resources" (October 2020)
- "Effects of Non-consumptive Recreation on Wildlife in California" (May 2020)
Previous special issues can be accessed on the Contents page.
See our Submissions page for more information about the Journal's submission requirements. Please note: all page fees are waived for special issue submissions.