- Fish and Game Warden Cadet:--$4,077 - $5,499/mo.
- Fish and Game Warden
- Range A: $5191 - $6364/mo.
- Range B: $5916- $7605/mo.
In addition to salary, Fish and Wildlife Officers can receive additional pay differentials as listed below:
- Geographic Recruitment and Retention
Employees headquartered and residing in one of the following 17 designated high cost counties receive a monthly differential of $220, $300, or $350 depending on the employee’s classification:
Alameda, Contra Costa, Los Angeles, Marin, Monterey, Napa, Orange, San Diego, San Francisco, San Luis Obispo, San Mateo, Santa Barbara, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma, Ventura
- Fish and Game Warden, Range A - $220
- Fish and Game Warden, Range B - $300
- Warden Pilot, Department of Fish and Game - $350
- Fish and Game Patrol Lieutenant (Specialist) - $350
- Fish and Game Patrol Lieutenant, (Supervisor) - $350
- Lieutenant, Fish & Game Patrol Boat - $350
- Captain, Fish and Game Patrol Boat - $350
- Fish and Game Patrol Captain - $350
- Assistant Chief - $350
- Longevity Pay
Employees who have peace officer status and at least 17 years of State service receive a monthly differential based on a percentage of their base pay. Prior State service in classifications other than a peace officer may be included. Longevity pay will be determined as follows:
- 17 & 18 years - 2%
- 19 years - 4%
- 20 years - 5%
- 21 years - 6%
- 22 - 24 years - 7%
- 25 years or more - 9%
- Education Incentive
- Employees with an Intermediate POST certificate are eligible to receive a monthly pay differential of $50 per month
- Employees with an Associates degree are eligible to receive a monthly pay differential of $75 per month.
- Employees with an Advanced POST certificate are eligible to receive a monthly pay differential of $100 per month
- Employees with at least a Bachelor’s Degree are eligible to receive a monthly pay differential of $125 per month.