Public Notice of Mitigated Negative Declaration for CDFW's 2020 Fisheries Habitat Restoration Project.
As required by the California Environmental Quality Act, the California Department of Fish and Wildlife’s Fisheries Restoration Grant Program is providing Public Notice of the completion of a Mitigated Negative Declaration for proposed Fisheries Habitat Restoration Project to enhance the capability of streams to produce anadromous salmonids by maintaining, restoring and improving stream habitat essential to salmonid production.
Project Location: Various streams in Del Norte, Humboldt, Mendocino, Santa Barbara, Siskiyou, and Sonoma counties.
Description of Project: This project will use grant funds approved by the California Legislature to initiate activities that are designed to restore salmon and steelhead habitat in coastal streams and watersheds that historically produced large populations of salmon and steelhead. Activities like bank stabilization and road decommissioning will improve spawning success for adult salmon and steelhead as well as increase survival for eggs, embryos, rearing juveniles, and downstream migrants. The replacement of barrier culverts with bridges or natural stream bottom culverts will allow adult and juvenile salmonids access to additional spawning and rearing habitat. The installation of instream structures will recruit and sort spawning gravel for adult salmon and steelhead and create summer rearing pools and over-wintering habitat for juveniles. Below are the links to the document.
Alternate formats of these documents will be made available upon request. If reasonable accommodation is needed, email CDFW at firstname.lastname@example.org. The California Relay Service for the deaf or hearing-impaired can be utilized from TDD phones at (800) 735-2929.
- Introduction - Project Description and Background Information (PDF)
- Initial Study Environmental Checklist Form (PDF)
- Explanation of Response to Initial Study Environmental Checklist Form (PDF)
- Appendix A. - list of non-physical and action items and location maps (PDF)
- Appendix A - Project Information
- Del Norte County (projects 1723489, 1723570) (PDF)
- Humboldt County (projects 1723381, 1723382, 1723397, 1723401, 1723407, 1723439) (PDF)
- Humboldt-Siskiyou Counties (project 1723367) (PDF)
- Mendocino County (projects 1723369, 1723370, 1723371, 1723379, 1723383, 1723402, 1723410, 1723435, 1723436, 1723441, 1723444, 1723515, 1723545) (PDF)
- Santa Barbara County (project 1723442) (PDF)
- Siskiyou County (project 1723432) (PDF)
- Sonoma County (projects 1723366, 1723425, 1723455, 1723563) (PDF)
- Appendix B. Mitigation Measures, Monitoring and Reporting Program For the 2020 Fisheries Habitat Restoration Project (PDF)
- Appendix C. Protocols for Surveying and Evaluating Impacts to Special Status Native Plant Populations and Sensitive Natural Communities (PDF)
- Appendix D. Procedure for the Programmatic Evaluation of Paleontological Resources for the 2020 Fisheries Habitat Restoration Project (PDF)
- Appendix E. Procedure for the Programmatic Evaluation of Archeological Resources for the 2020 Fisheries Habitat Restoration Project (PDF)
Due to the COVID-19 emergency the Mitigated Negative Declaration is not available for viewing at Department of Fish and Wildlife offices. If you are unable to access the Mitigated Negative Declaration on this page or at ceqanet.opr.ca.gov and want to view it, please email email@example.com.
The review period for the mitigated negative declaration starts September 25, 2020 and ends on November 8, 2020. Please mail comments to:
CDFW Watershed Restoration Grants Branch Office
Fisheries Restoration Grant Program
Attn: Mr. Timothy Chorey
P.O. Box 944209
Sacramento, CA 94244-2090
Comments must be received by November 8, 2020
For additional information contact:
- Mr. Trevor Tollefson, Senior Environmental Scientist, (707) 725-1072
- Mr. Manfred Kittel, Coho Salmon Recovery Coordinator, (707) 944-5522
- Ms. Suzanne Deleon, Senior Environmental Scientist, (831) 649-2945
- Ms. Mary Larson, Senior Environmental Scientist, (562) 342-7186
Previous Mitigated Negative Declarations