We encourage you to submit your California wildlife, plant, habitat, hunting, fishing, foraging and shooting sports photos. Thank you for your participation!
Please follow the below criteria when submitting photos:
- Photos adhere to the CDFW Photo Terms and Conditions(opens in new tab).
- Photos are high resolution and not pixelated or blurry.
- Photo backgrounds are uncluttered.
- Photos are not selfies or use photo filters.
- Native flora and fauna are handled ethically and safely without causing harm and are species existing in and photographed in California.
- For catch and release fish photos, fish photographed outside of water are to be supported with both hands (not using a “lip grip”) placed near belly and tail. (Note: Fish should be returned to the water as quickly as possible.)
- All harvested game depicted in photos are tagged and represent proper limits for the individuals in the photo.
- Harvested game animals are photographed in a natural setting, tongue-in, with blood and entry/exit wounds well camouflaged or concealed.
- Photos do not depict persons leaning or propping up firearms, archery equipment, hunting gear and people against game animals.
- Hunting photos that incorporate firearms within the photo exemplify firearm safety. Though firearm safety may be practiced, photography angles that make the conditions appear unsafe will render the photo unusable.