Quagga/Zebra Mussel Infestation Prevention Grant Application Window Opens February 2019
The following information is being forwarded on behalf of the California State Parks Division of Boating and Waterways:
SAVE-THE-DATE GRANT ANNOUNCEMENT
California State Parks Division of Boating and Waterways (DBW) will open the application window for the 2018/19 Quagga and Zebra Mussel Infestation Prevention Grant Program in February 2019. Receive future QZ Grant notices.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Grant applicant must own/manage any aspect of the water in a reservoir where recreational activities are permitted;
- Grant applicant must demonstrate that the reservoir is uninfested with dreissenid mussels;
- and the reservoir must be open to the public.
- SB 790 broadened the eligibility of implementation grants to entities that own or manage any aspect of the water in a reservoir.
- To demonstrate that the reservoir is uninfested, applicants must provide mussel monitoring data collected since March 2018. Monitoring data can be from surface surveys, artificial substrates, and plankton tows.
To be eligible for an implementation grant, applicants must provide a letter from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) at the time of application that states CDFW has reviewed and accepted a prevention plan for the reservoir (per Fish and Game Code Section 2302 and California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Section 672.1(b)).
Planning and Assessment Grant:
Applicants that do not already have a CDFW-accepted prevention plan can apply for a planning and assessment grant in order to develop a CDFW-accepted prevention plan for the reservoir.
For questions regarding quagga/zebra mussel monitoring, or for prevention planning, including how to obtain a letter from CDFW, contact CDFW at Invasives@wildlife.ca.gov or Telephone: (866) 440-9530.
A Solicitation Notice including specific dates and application information will be sent prior to opening of the grant application window. The notice will also be posted on the DBW website.