Notice Of Funding Opportunity: Quagga And Zebra Mussel Infestation Prevention Program Grant
The following information is being forwarded on behalf of the California State Parks' Division of Boating and Waterways:
California State Parks Division of Boating and Waterways (DBW) will accept applications for the 2023 Quagga and Zebra Mussel Infestation Prevention Grant Program: April 10, 2023 - May 19, 2023, subject to available funds.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Grant applicant must own/manage any aspect of the water in a reservoir where recreational activities are permitted.
- The reservoir must be open to the public.
- Grant applicant must demonstrate that the reservoir is uninfested with dreissenid mussels. To demonstrate that the reservoir is uninfested, applicants must provide mussel monitoring data collected since March 2022. Monitoring data can be from surface surveys, artificial substrates, and plankton tows.
Tier 1 Planning and Assessment Grant:
- For preparing or updating a Prevention Plan: Applicants that do not already have a CDFW-accepted prevention plan can apply for a planning and assessment grant in order to develop or update a CDFW-accepted prevention plan for the reservoir.
Tier 2 Implementation Grant:
- For implementing activities in a current Prevention Plan: To be eligible for an implementation grant, applicants must provide a letter from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) at the time of application that states CDFW has reviewed and accepted a prevention plan for the reservoir (per Fish and Game Code Section 2302 and California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Section 672.1(b)).
For questions regarding quagga/zebra mussel monitoring, or for prevention planning, contact CDFW at Invasives@wildlife.ca.gov or Telephone: (866) 440-9530.
A Solicitation Notice including application and Workshop/Webinar information will be sent prior to opening of the grant application window. The Notice will also be posted on DBW's QZ Grant Program website.