Fund-raising Random Drawing Tags are available for special hunting opportunities for elk, pronghorn antelope, bighorn sheep and deer for the 2018 hunt year. Hunters may apply as many times as they wish for California’s most coveted hunting tags.
Fund-raising Random Drawing Tags generate dedicated funding for wildlife management programs that benefit big game species. Each year the fund-raising random drawing tags generated more than $340,000 for big game management in California.
Fund-raising Random Drawing Tag Basics:
- Any resident or nonresident who will be age 12 or older as of July 1, 2018 may apply for the elk, pronghorn antelope and deer fund-raising tags.
- Any resident or nonresident who will be age 16 or older as of July 1, 2018 may apply for the bighorn sheep fund-raising tag.
- $6.22 per application
- No limit on the number of applications you can submit.
- Does not use or affect your preference points.
- A hunting license is not required to apply, but must be purchased if drawn.
- Applicants may apply Online, at any CDFW License Sales Office or License Agent from April 15, 2018 through June 2, 2018.
- Tags are awarded by random drawing which is run within 10 business days of the deadline to apply.
- Winners are awarded a tag at no additional cost and are notified by phone/mail.
The 2018 Fund-raising Random Drawing Tags are:
Open Zone Deer Tag
The tag allows the hunter to hunt during the authorized season dates of any hunt, using the specific method and meeting any special conditions of the tag for that hunt.
Northeastern California Pronghorn Tag
The tag allows the hunter to hunt in any of the Northeastern pronghorn zones, (Mount Dome, Clear Lake, Likely Tables, Lassen, Big Valley and Surprise Valley) with any legal method. The hunt dates are from July 28, 2018 to September 16, 2018.
Multiple Zone Elk Tag
The Multiple Zone elk tag is valid in the Siskiyou and Marble Mountains elk zones from September 1 to 19, 2018; in the Northwestern elk zone from August 29, 2018 to September 27, 2018; in the Northeastern elk zone from August 22, 2018 to September 23, 2018 and in the La Panza elk zone from October 6, 2018 to December 9, 2018 with any legal method. Only one elk may be harvested.
Marble/Clipper and South Bristol Mountains Desert Bighorn Sheep Tag
The tag is valid only in the Marbles/Clipper and South Bristol Mountains hunt zones. The season dates are from November 3, 2018 through February 3, 2019. If drawn, the hunter must attend a mandatory orientation to receive the tag.