Fund-raising Random Drawing Tags are available for special hunting opportunities for elk, pronghorn antelope, bighorn sheep and deer for the 2019 hunt year. Hunters may apply as many times as they wish for California’s most coveted hunting tags.
Fund-raising Random Drawing Tags generate dedicated funding for wildlife management programs that benefit big game species. Each year the fund-raising random drawing tags generated more than $368,000 for big game management in California.
Fund-raising Random Drawing Tag Basics:
- Any resident or nonresident who will be age 12 or older as of July 1 of the license year may apply for the elk, pronghorn antelope and deer fund-raising tags.
- Any resident or nonresident who will be age 16 or older as of July 1 of the license year may apply for the bighorn sheep fund-raising tag.
- $6.48 per application
- No limit on the number of applications you can submit.
- Does not use or affect your preference points.
- A hunting license is not required to apply, but must be purchased if drawn.
- Applicants may apply Online, at any CDFW License Sales Office or License Agent from April 15 through June 2 of the license year.
- Tags are awarded by random drawing which is run within 10 business days of the deadline to apply.
- Winners are awarded a tag at no additional cost and are notified by phone/mail.
- Enter the drawing Online, at any CDFW license sales office or License Agent.
- See FAQs on this topic
The 2020 Fund-raising Random Drawing Tags are:
One Open Zone Deer Tag
The tag allows the hunter to hunt during the authorized season dates of any hunt, using the specific method and meeting any special conditions of the tag for that hunt.
One Northeastern California Pronghorn Tag
The tag allows the hunter to hunt in any of the Northeastern pronghorn zones, (Mount Dome, Clear Lake, Likely Tables, Lassen, Big Valley and Surprise Valley) with any legal method. The hunt dates are from August 1, 2020 to September 20, 2020.
One Owens Valley Bull Elk Tag
The Owens Valley Bull Elk Tag is valid in any Owens Valley hunt zone (Bishop, Independence, Lone Pine, Tinemaha, West Tinemaha, Tinemaha Mountain, Whitney, and Goodale), with any legal method. Only one elk may be harvested. The hunt dates are from July 25, 2020 to August 23, 2020.
One Marble/Clipper and South Bristol Mountains Desert Bighorn Sheep Tag
The tag is valid only in the Marble/Clipper and South Bristol Mountains hunt zones. Season dates are from November 7, 2020 through February 7, 2021. If awarded the tag the hunter must attend a
mandatory orientation to receive the tag.
Note: This tag will be available pending adoption of new regulations by the Fish and Game Commission on April 16, 2020. Hunters interested in applying for this tag, will need to contact their local CDFW license sales office and apply once it is available.