Applications for a permit to possess a mountain lion specimen shall be in the form of a written letter addressed to:
Attn: Mountain Lion Program
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
Wildlife and Fisheries Division
1416 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
The application letter must contain the following information:
- Full name of the person requesting a permit. If an entity is requesting a permit, the request shall be made on official letterhead with an original signature.
- Physical address where mountain lion carcass or part or product thereof shall be located.
- Description of mountain lion carcass or part or product thereof, subject to the permit.
- Description of how the mountain lion carcass, or part or product thereof shall be uniquely identified by the applicant.
- Description of how the mountain lion carcass or part or product thereof shall be used and the anticipated length of time for use.
Any person in possession of a permit to possess a mountain lion carcass, part or product thereof pursuant to this section shall uniquely identify such mountain lion carcass or part or product thereof. Unique identification methods include, but are not limited to, permanent marking, tattooing, microchipping, detailed photographs, descriptive measurements, or another suitable method approved in advance by the department.
Change of Address or Name
The permittee shall notify the department in writing of any change of address or name related to the permit within thirty days of the change.
Any permittee no longer desiring to possess a mountain lion carcass or part or product thereof shall transfer such carcass or part or product thereof to the department.