North Table Mountain Ecological Reserve is open to the public year round, dawn to dusk, for self-guided visits.
Lands Pass Requirement
Each visitor to NTMER who is 16 years of age or older is required to carry a daily (1 day) or annual lands pass while on the property. Visitors who are carrying their own valid California hunting or fishing license are exempt from the requirement. School and organized youth groups (including accompanying adults) are also exempt; however, a permit for these activities is required.
Lands Pass information
- Restrooms, potable water and trash receptacles are not available at the site. Please be prepared to pack out your own trash.
- Dress for the weather. Hats, sunscreen, snacks, water, and sturdy closed-toe footwear recommended.
- Park only at safe pullouts on Cherokee Road when the CDFW parking lot is full
Special Restrictions and Advisories
- Please do not approach the cattle closer than 300 feet.
- Removal of mineral, archaeological, or natural resources in any form is prohibited except as provided in CCR Title 14, §650
- Removal or disturbance of any form of plant or animal life is prohibited except as provided in CCR Title 14, §650
- No collecting is allowed except as provided in CCR Title 14, §650.
- Camping is not allowed.
- Fires of any kind are not allowed including fireworks, or other explosive or incendiary devices.
- Dogs on the reserve must be retained on a leash of less than 10 feet.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited except on designated access roads and parking areas.
- Any refuse resulting from a person's use of an area must be removed from the area by that person.
- Horses and bicycles are prohibited from entering the reserve.
From Hwy 70 in Oroville, exit at Grand Ave (Exit 48). Go East on
Grand Ave for 1 mile. Left on Table Mountain Blvd for a tenth of a mile.
Right on Cherokee Road 6.3 miles north to the reserve. Official access
is through a small parking lot on the west side of Cherokee Road.
If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com or (916) 358-2869.