Fishing in the City (FIC) works to inspire and encourage families and communities to learn to fish—while increasing understanding of local lakes, ponds, and aquatic resources—as part of a holistic approach for community health and wellness. FIC partners with community organizations, and its citizens, to assist neighborhoods in exercising their power.
We need your your help. Complete the Future of FIC Survey to share your opinion. It'll only take 5 min and will influence the future of FIC.
- Fostering community collaboration to increase access to local aquatic resources
- Increasing meaningful connections to the local environment through becoming a capable ally
- Supporting local efforts to recruit, reactivate and retain (R3) past, present and future anglers
- Honor through conservation fish and places we fish.
- Ponds are stocked with Channel Catfish (April - October) and Rainbow Trout (November - March)
We stock fish year-round in neighborhood ponds and lakes in the Sacramento area. As as a result of Covid-19 we are in the process of revising our stocking strategies to meet the needs of local communities and become increasingly inclusive and culturally relevant. Help us and share your opinion.
2020 Fishing Clinics
No clinics are scheduled at this time. Please check back for updates.