How to Get Your Deer Tested at a Sampling Station or CDFW Office
Click the deer icons on the map to find your closest CWD sampling locations. Additional locations may be added throughout the hunting season. Check back often.
- Bring your deer, or just the head, to one of the CWD sampling locations identified on the map below or in this table of dates and sampling locations (PDF).
- Sampling is voluntary and involves the collection of two lymph nodes located just behind the jaw along the spine.
- If you intend to taxidermy your harvest, it should be caped out prior to having the samples collected.
- CDFW is partnering with meat processors and taxidermists across the state to boost surveillance, ask your local meat processor or taxidermist if they will be participating.
- At these locations hunters can get their deer tag validated while also contributing to CWD surveillance.
Check back before planning your 2023 hunting trip(s) for the most up to date locations and times for voluntary CWD sampling stations. Dates and locations may change due to wildfires or other reasons outside of our control, please check back here before you hunt to confirm the best check station for you.
Any questions contact us at email@example.com