- Mexico isn't the only place to fish for Yellowtail, Barracuda, Tuna, Albacore
and Bonito - we have them right here in California.
- No need to go to Alaska for big, hard-fighting Chinook Salmon or huge tasty
Halibut - they're already here in California.
- Don't venture all the way to Florida in search of whopper Largemouth Bass
or head for the Keys for giant Billfish - we've got 'em here in California.
- Why go to Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming to flyfish for trophy Trout? Some of
the nation's nicest trout are here in California's beautiful lakes and streams.
- No reason to go all the way to New Jersey to catch Striped Bass -
California's Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta in the north and the Colorado River
in the southern part of the state are loaded with 'em.
- Why travel all the way to the Midwest to fish for feisty Sunfish? California's Central Valley lakes are full of plump bluegill and other sunfish ready to run with your baited hook!
- Maine isn't the only state in the union with delicious Lobster - California has
their own that can be easily caught right off the southern California coast.
- If you want tasty crabs, there's no need to go all the way to the Chesapeake
. Dungeness Crabs are famous the world over for their delicious sweet
- For those hankering for a tasty bowl of clam chowder, don't think you have to
go all the way to
New England. You can dig for your own Clams right here on a
- The Southern Bayou isn't the only place to get Cajun-style Catfish. World
class catfish live right here in California waters.
Wonderful, diverse, quality fishing experiences can be had right here in the
Golden State. With your
California Fishing Passport, all the great
fishing experiences you'd otherwise have to travel thousands of miles for
are awaiting you, right here in your own backyard!
View a flyer that contains the information on this page (PDF)