With teleworking in mind, here are some tips for completing your time sheets:
- A VPN connection is NOT needed to access Tempo.
- Use any of the following browsers to log into Tempo (Chrome or Firefox work best):
- Access the following web address https://timereporting.wildlife.ca.gov
- If your time sheet isn’t rendered clearly on your screen, press Ctrl + F5 (simultaneously) to reload the page.
Thanks for your patience while we work to facilitate telecommuting.
- The California Department of Technology contacted all CA state agencies regarding use of social media on state networks, reminding us to limit our use of social media on government infrastructure. In order to limit the undue stress added to the CDFW networks, access to Facebook, Instagram, and various streaming services will be provided on an as-needed basis.
- Due to statewide network infrastructure saturation, VPN is performing poorly. Even if you are on a dept issued computer, please use VPN only when you need to access internal dept resources such as shared drives. Else use portal.office.com to access Office tool and One Drive. Additionally, if you are on a Department computer VPN is not needed to access Email, Skype, OneDrive, Tempo Time Reporting, SBB, SharePoint, or Teams among other things.
- As you can imagine the IT HelpDesk is swamped right now and attempting to telework as best they can. Please be patient. When trying to contact the HelpDesk, the best way is the online portal https://dfgintranet/portal/DataandTechnology/HelpDesk/tabid/61/Default.aspx or email email@example.com. Call (916) 445-5158 only when you have to and leave a message.
- We are seeing a significant uptick in COVID related phishing and malicious emails. The bad guys never miss a trick. Please be extra mindful of your cyber security training before you click on anything. When in doubt, don’t do it.
In response to the current COVID-19 virus DTD has issued basic information about Teleworking. These documents will be updated as needed and additional documents will be added as new solutions become available to assist in the Department's telework needs.
- Telework Options (PDF) - 3/17/2020
- Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) Job Aid (PDF) - 3/17/2020
- VPN Job Aid (PDF) - 3/17/2020
- VPN is not needed to access Email, Skype, OneDrive, Tempo Time Reporting, SBB, SharePoint, or Teams among other things. If you do not need to VPN, please do not. VPN should only be used for network shares and internal only resources.
- Note: The VPN job aid is only for CDFW computers.
Trying to download VPN on your personal computer in order to access Department files is a violation of Department policy and should not be done. It also would open up your home computer to potential discovery and PRA requests as once it touches the network our security tools will start evaluating the contents of the computer. It will also start scanning allnetwork traffic.
Currently if you do not have a Department Computer, the best is way to access email, OneDrive, and office applications would be to use https://portal.office.com. This will contain the files in the CDFW Office environment and will not result in your computer being discoverable.
Ultimately we are quickly working on an alternate solution to access department resources from personal computers. The solution would be similar to VPN and would ensure we adhere to Dept and State policy.